The Importance of Motion Graphics in Medical Marketing
Marketing to healthcare organizations is a communication process that begins by defining a marketing strategy aimed at attracting healthcare consumers, guiding them during the treatment journey, and keeping them in touch with the health system. Publishing content is the main factor that greatly attracts a large number of patients to you! In addition to gaining their loyalty and remaining their first choice. The content used in digital marketing varies between blogs written about the doctor’s or hospital’s specialties and different and modern treatment methods, and videos of all kinds such as Motion Graphics and Live Videos, or publishing content on social media platforms.
To get the most out of your digital marketing strategy, it must contain multiple, different, and highly-divided technologies that suit different platforms.
To reach your goal of digital marketing, you should use a mixture of the following:
- Videos, especially (Motion Graphics Videos)
Video marketing ideas range from:
- Video interviews
- Videos showing a discussion on the website
- Videos of a conference or procedure
- Video evaluation of your services
- Videos of the cases before and after
- Motion Graphic Videos
- Video from inside the clinic or at work showing behind-the-scenes events
- Live broadcast video
Some people may think video marketing is more complicated than just writing content. However, following a marketing plan supported by the videos, especially motion graphics, increases:
- Supporting and educating patients;
- Attract them to your health organization;
- Providing the necessary participation opportunities to maintain the patient’s loyalty.
In the upcoming lines, we will take you on a comprehensive tour about the importance of using motion graphics in medical marketing, and show you how to effectively attract and engage more patients.
We’ll start with some statistics about video marketing.
Statistics on the Use of Videos in Digital Marketing
- Video marketing increases your return on investment by 66%. (Source: Optinmonster)
- 74% of those targeted in digital marketing have tried the product or service after watching the video. (source: Wyzowl)
- 96% of people watched videos to learn from them.
- 90% of customers indicated that the videos help them in deciding on a product or service.
Statistics from marketers:
- 97% of marketers say video marketing has helped increase awareness of the product or service.
- 76% say it increased sales traffic.
- 80% say videos increase the customer time on the website.
- 80% of people who watched a video are convinced to buy a product or service.
- 85% of people want more high-quality videos from brands.
Statistics on the Use of Videos on Social Media
- Videos account for 135% of customers’ (organic) reach compared to photos. (Source: Forbes)
- 85% of Facebook videos watched without sound. (Source: Digiday)
- Facebook users spend more time (about 50 times) watching traditional videos directly. (Source: Wipster )
- 45% of Facebook users watch more than an hour of videos every week. (Source: Hubspot)
- Search in story Instagram three times higher than search in Snapchat. (Source: Mediakix)
- 80% of those on Instagram use it to keep track of business. (Source: Sproutsocial)
- 25% of Instagram ads are single videos. (Source: Sensortower)
- Over 20 million people watched videos created by brands.
- Instagram revenue will reach nearly 7 billion. (Source: Statista)
- 82% of users watch video content on Twitter.
- 25% of US marketers display video ads on Twitter. (Source: Hootsuite)
- Twitter video ads are not intrusive for most users. (Source: Magnaglobal)
- 70% of US marketers trust the big shifts videos cause on twitter. (Source: Emarketer)
- Twitter video content gets more tweets than any other content. (Source: Twitter)
- 38% of marketers share video content on Linkedin. (source Hubspot)
- 75% of marketers using video content on Linkedin said it was a successful tactic, and 55% said they would continue with it. (Source: Wyzowl)
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of YouTube videos per week.
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine after Google.
- Youtube has over 1.5 billion users. (Source: ABC.XYZ Earnings Transcript)
- 59% of adults in the U.S. watch Youtube. (Source Journalism)
- 57% of viewers use Youtube for entertainment purposes.
- 70% of viewers use YouTube to solve problems. (Source: Thinkwithgoogle)
- 86% of Youtube users aim to learn something new. (Source: rainpos)
As for the social media statistics regarding videos:
- 90% of video viewers use a mobile phone to watch it.
- 52% of viewers watch more on social media than on TV.
Video statistics from the mobile phone
- 89% of Facebook income comes from mobile usage. (Source – Mediakix)
- More than half of the video content is shown on mobile. (Source: Dreamgrow)
- 92% of mobile video viewers share their videos with others (Source: Norcalvide)
- 90% of video views occur on Twitter from a mobile device.
Moving from those massive statistics about video marketing, let’s dive deeper into one type of video, specifically Motion Graphics.
What Are Motion Graphic Videos?
Motion Graphics is an effective tool for simply delivering a doctor’s message and successfully spreading your content.
Motion graphic videos are one of the most demanded types of video at present. It is the simplest way to present, explain, and clarify the information.
This type of video is used to help doctors, medical sectors, and hospitals simplify a complex story or difficult idea.
This is done by coordinating sentences with animated graphics and adding images that can be easily understood by a wide range of potential patients.
You can use Motion Graphics videos to:
- Educate patients;
- Communicate with the community;
- Explain a new process;
- Explain how to work with cases or ways to use modern technologies.
Motion graphic videos feature its ability to attract past, current, and future patients within a second of its use.
Recent studies have shown that only 10% of what is heard is remembered later. According to the same study, when the consumer is exposed to both audio and video (animation), the content retention ratio increases by up to 65%.
Some Statistics about Motion Graphics Indicate That:
- 92% of motion graphics viewers share it on various platforms.
- One minute motion graphics videos provide 1.8 million words that can be written.
- In a survey of 570 medical and public sectors, 85% of motion graphics were found to be an important factor in effective strategic marketing, with 76% saying they use annotation videos to further improve sales.
What Are the Types of Motion Graphics Videos?
When it comes to creating videos for medical marketing or the services you provide, you have to ask yourself a basic question to decide what kind of video you need.
The question is: what kind of patients is the video directed towards, and why?
The answer to this question will help you determine your goal of digital marketing and your overall goal of the video, then you will be able to determine the appropriate type of video.
Motion graphics are divided into three basic types:
- Motion Graphic Marketing Video
Motion graphics are effectively used in medical marketing, whether to display on a medical website or social media marketing.
This type of video is used for marketing and brand awareness, doctor’s information and achievements, or offers on services.
- Motion Graphics for Services Explanation
These types of videos are longer than usual videos and are used to explain disease, service, or device used by a doctor. They are all topics that the patient may not easily understand if healthcare providers do not simplify them.
This type is best used to simplify complex or bulky content in a simple, clear presentation.
- Educational Motion Graphics
Educational motion graphics are for deep communication with viewers, and this type of video is best used to tell stories where the content is compelling and attractive enough to justify the long duration of the video.
Usually, the patients targeted in these videos have interacted with the doctor previously, so the doctor currently needs to go into educational information.
Studies have shown that only 10% of readers can retain information via text, compared to 95% of those viewing it in a video form can remember the entire content.
The more informative and entertaining the videos are, the more likely it is that patients will remember the information.
The Factors Affecting the Cost of Motion Graphic Videos Production?
Various factors affect the price of the motion graphic video:
- The technology used for the motion graphic video
The most important factor is the blending mode of words and animation, where any style can be made using 2D and 3D animation technology.
The price of motion graphics is proportional to the hours of work that your medical marketing company should adopt, it depends on the use of animation techniques and the method you choose for the videos.
- Duration of the video
Duration has a direct impact on the price of motion graphics. But the relationship between increasing the video duration and the high cost is an indirect one, as the longer the video, the more the digital marketing company needs to show it more efficiently and use newer technologies, which increases the overall cost of the video.
- Delivery time
On average, it takes about 4-6 weeks to produce a 60-second animation video. If the doctor wants to expedite the delivery, additional resources must be withdrawn which makes the animation services cost more.
- The topic of the video
Complex subjects require more careful scientific research and work on them in a more illustrative manner, which increases the time it takes the company to prepare for the video before producing it, increasing the cost.
What Are the Advantages of Using Motion Graphics in Medical Marketing?
The advantages of using motion graphics include:
- Reaching and acquiring the largest number of patients due to the power of video animation.
- Patient loyalty maintained and increased to interact with the website or video platform.
- Communicate the message or explain the service or problem in its simplest form.
Thus, a successful digital marketing plan should not be devoid of motion graphic videos to showcase the doctor’s services, knowledge and experience, and educational videos.
5 Reasons to Choose Motion Graphics in Medical Marketing
Motion graphic videos are a tool that helps you explain any kind of concept, especially if the information is difficult for patients to comprehend.
But there are other strong reasons why motion graphic video marketing is considered part of a successful marketing strategy:
- Motion graphics are known to be one of the most advanced techniques among marketing videos.
- It is also one of the more formal styles among the various explanatory video styles.
- You get the most out of visual designs and animations and can be used for educational purposes without losing its attractiveness.
- The best method to present numbers, statistics, and facts that may be difficult to absorb if you use any other style.
- Boring information can turn into more engaging content that attracts viewers.
Finally, here comes the role of medical marketing companies to create high-quality videos that grab the attention of your target audience.
It is also their job to determine the best platform where your organization can benefit from motion graphics.
Therefore, you should choose a medical marketing company to get the most out of digital marketing using motion graphics.